The Green Publisher
Fountainhead Press is dedicated to providing eco-friendly publishing alternatives. Since our inception, we have adopted and continue to foster green initiatives in an effort to avoid paper waste and operate in the most eco-friendly manner possible.
Our green printing initiatives include:
Electronic Products and Samples
- Whenever possible, we deliver samples, products, and course content in non-paper form. We also use Xample, an electronic sampling system, to deliver instructor samples via a personalized web page that links to PDF downloads.
- When we do print, our goal is to produce a personalized product built to the specifications of your institution. Choosing the materials and readings best suited for your course not only reduces paper waste due to unused content, but it also provides the most cost-effective option for you and your students.
- Most of our products are printed on a minimum of 30% post-consumer waste recycled paper. When recycled paper is not an option, we ensure our materials are printed on paper from responsibly managed forests.
FSC Certified Printers
- All of our printers are certified by the Forest Stewardship Council, which promotes environmentally and socially responsible management of the world’s forests. This program allows consumer groups, individual consumers, and businesses to work together to promote responsible use of the world’s forests as a renewable and sustainable resource. For more information on the FSC, visit them on the web at www.fsc.org.
- As an incentive for our customers, we offer non-paper alternatives at a lower cost than print products.
Elimination of Non-Essential Ancillaries
- We only produce necessary ancillary materials and deliver these electronically whenever possible.
Our green operating initiatives include:
Hybrid Incentives for Sales Reps
- We offer a monthly incentive for our field-based sales reps to use hybrid vehicles for their business travel.
Support for Green Causes
- When we do print, we donate a portion of our revenue to green causes. Organizations that have received donations from Fountainhead Press include Rainforest 2 Reef and Environmental Working Group among others. We welcome your feedback and suggestions for future contributions, as we are always searching for worthy initiatives.